How to repost on Instagram. Sometimes you see a nice post or video from someone else on their timeline and you feel like using it too. But how do you do that? There are special ways for that. In this article, we will explain how you can repost. We also include a step-by-step plan. So read on quickly!
First, let’s see what does a repost mean. A repost actually means that you make use of a post or a video, for example, that you’ve found from somewhere else. This, what you actually create with this is that the original image or video just stays with the person in question, but that you ‘copy’ it, as it was, and put it on your Instagram account. In other words, the post is then ‘double’ in two different places and this is called a ‘repost’.
Before we explain and show you how to repost on Instagram, it is important that you know a very important privacy rule related to it. Yes, be careful while reposting. Can you just repost a photo of someone? Obviously, you cannot! Watch out!
You can get in a lot of trouble for reposting a photo of someone, so use the reposting wisely! To avoid any kind of situation, it is best to always make sure you have permission in advance from the person in question of whom you wish to repost an image/post or video.
However, sometimes it is not necessary. For example, if you are tagged by your buddies or through something else. In such cases, it’s an issue if you also repost this image on your own Instagram account.
you can also check: 15 ways to increase your Instagram followers
How to repost on Instagram
Here are multiple ways to share an image or video of someone else on your own Instagram Feed or stories. Keep reading for the explanation to know how to share it via your Instagram Feed. Basically, there are two main ways to which you can do it.
Method 1: Using screen shot
Follow those 10 small steps…
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Log in if you haven’t already.
- Find the desired image or video you want to repost from any account.
- Find the account’s owner in question via the Instagram search function. You can find it through the menu bar at the bottom, indicated by a magnifying glass.
- Click on the image you want to repost.
- Take a screenshot of this on your phone.
- You can then edit the image by properly ‘cropping’ it accordingly.
- Look for the menu bar and click on the square with a + in it.
- Then you can choose from ‘gallery/photo/video’. Use your last screenshot taken visible in your gallery. Choose this photo and press ‘next’.
- You can even choose another filter yourself and add any message that you want to add to ‘Write a caption’.
Method 2: Repost with an App
Here is another way to how to repost on Instagram.
The screenshot method is very effective. However, some Instagram users, prefer to repost via a separate app. It has a big advantage, though. The user does not have to crop his photo and he can also keep the original caption immediately. So which app are we referring to? The RepostApp.
Install the RepostApp on your phone for free or buy the paid version for some extras.
- Go to the post you want to repost
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the post
- Click on ‘copy link’ or ‘ copy link, ‘
- Open the RepostApp you have already installed on your phone
- The RepostApp will ask you if you want to copy both the image and the text, say yes.
- Open Instagram and click ‘yes’ until you get to the text area just before you post. If you now want to paste your text in your text box, you can do so.